Enjoy up to 35% off introductory pricing for Plasma Pen*
What is the Plasma Pen?
- Plasma Pen is the world’s newest most advanced, non-invasive, skin lifting, skin tightening and rejuvenation device used to treat wrinkles, and sagging, dull skin. The Plasma Pen is an FDA approved, CE approved device used to perform fibroblast therapy, a technique used to stimulate production of collagen in the skin. This promotes natural healing and rejuvenates the appearance of the skin.
- It is important to stress that Plasma Pen is a non-surgical technique where no scalpels or any other surgical instruments are used.
- The Plasma Pen treatment is a revolutionary method for a perfect face and body rejuvenation.
Plasma Pen: Frequently Asked Questions
Plasma Pen minimally invasive treatment uses a device fitted with a tiny needle to deliver heat to the surface of the skin.
It converts electrical energy into gaseous diatomic molecular nitrogen and transmits that energized gas in a non-contact way to the skin’s surface from above. This causes a micro-trauma to the skin’s epidermal layer (top layers) whilst simultaneously heating and disrupting the deeper dermal structure via thermal conduction. This treatment is also known as fibro-blasting. Fibroblasts are the most common cells of connective tissue in the body that produce collagen.
By creating a series of pin point dots adjacent to a static wrinkle on the skin cause an instant contraction and tightening of the skin. Resulting in a lifting effect to tighten the skin & removes or reduces fine lines, wrinkles.
Plasma Pen produces excellent results for any area of the body, particularly the face and neck regions.
- Accordion lines – the lines that form outside of the mouth when you smile
- Acne scars – improvement in the appearance of post-acne marks and scars
- Crow’s feet around eyes
- Forehead lines
- Jowl / jawline tightening
- Marionette lines – The creases or folds that run vertically from the corners of the mouth down to the chin
- Nasal labial folds / smile lines – The folds that run from the sides of your nose down to the edge of your mouth
- Necklines, turkey neck
- Smoker’s lines – those vertical wrinkles also known as lipstick lines around the mouth
- Upper and lower eyelids – Bags and hoods
- The Plasma Pen can also be used for loose skin on the arms or the abdomen
- This is also a great treatment option for reducing the appearance of acne scars, as well as other types of scarring.
Plasma Pen is virtually a pain-free treatment and is often described as merely tingly. Many patients fall asleep during their procedure. However, the treatment may be mild to moderately uncomfortable depending on the person and area being treated. Eyelid procedures (where the skin is at its thinnest) can be more painful for some people.
Overall each patient’s pain level is different and some areas of the body are more sensitive than others. Numbing cream is helpful in reducing the discomfort during treatment.
- No injectable anesthetic required
- No cutting/ablation of the skin
- No stitches required
- Very low-risk procedure (minimal risk)
- Minimal side effects and short downtime
- Quick and easy procedure
- Most patients can return to work the same day
- No thinning of the skin
- Significant cost saving
- Long lasting results
Plasma Pen skin resurfacing is generally suitable for most people, as it is particularly effective at treating difficult-to-treat areas, namely around the eyes (periorbital) and around the mouth (perioral). It is also suitable for most skin types and textures. The procedure is not recommended/contraindicated for the following types of patients:
- Darker skin tones (African American, African, Latin, Native American, Indian, Middle Eastern, Asian ancestry and people of mixed ethnicities) may not be good candidates for Plasma Pen.
- Fitzpatrick skin types 4-6 (see chart below)
- If your skin is prone to scarring/keloid scarring
- If you have any of the following: severe skin conditions, open wounds, severe acne, lupus, psoriasis or vitiligo
- If you have a history of being treated with blood-thinning medications or gold therapy or if you have been taking Accutane in the last year.
- If you are pregnant, breast-feeding , immune-deficient or have any other auto-immune disorder
- Have a pace-maker installed
- Are experiencing a Herpes Simplex Virus outbreak
Be sure to ask your doctor or aesthetician whether or not Plasma Pen skin tightening is the right procedure for you.
You will typically see immediate tightening along with cumulative improvements over the next three months in the appearance of saggy skin. In some cases it may require more than one session depending on the desired results.
In the first stages of healing, small dry spots form on the skin and remain for about a week before falling off. This is normal and temporary.
Plasma Pen delivers exceptionally long lasting results. From all observations, clinical trials and real world experience once the skin is tightened then it is actually permanent. The treatment can be repeated as necessary to obtain the desired results. In most cases, one to four treatments will produce the most optimal results.
Remember too that in addition to rejuvenation, we are actually helping repair the scaffolding of the skin with our fibro-blasting to mitigate the ageing process.
The Plasma Pen is a relatively safe treatment, particularly when compared to more invasive cosmetic procedures. However, no procedure is without risks;
- Swelling and bruising
- Scabbing and crusting
- Skin discoloration
To request a Plasma Pen consultation with one of our board-certified physicians, fill out the form or call 937-293-5567. We look forward to seeing you at one of our two convenient locations: 3025 Governors Place Blvd. Kettering, OH 45409 and 2300 Miami Valley Drive, Suite 370, Centerville, OH 45459.
*While supplies last